- Buds Z2 will be the 3 microphones used for active noise reduction and an improved design that handles wind better.
- The headphones are protected against water and sweat having IP55 certification while the charging box gets IPX4.
- The buds will support Bluetooth 5.2 but no advanced audio streaming codecs so they will rely on basic AAC and SBC.
- The sound is produced by 11mm drivers.
- Each bud sports a 40mAh battery while the case carries another 520 mAh cell.
- The charging time of the box from 0 to 100% is 90 minutes and the total playtime goes up to 27h with the noise-canceling turned on or 38h without it.
- Without the case, the buds get a respectable 5h playtime with ANC on and 7h with ANC switched off. That’s a significant bump over last year’s Buds Z that capped at 5 hours.
- The case itself charges over USB-C, of course, but doesn’t support wireless charging. Each bud weighs just 4.6g while the box goes up to 42g depending on the color, which is either Night Black or Day White.